Job Title: Lead Software Engineer
JOB ID: 18371410
City: Remote- Multiple work sites allowed
Ignitec is an industry-leading Technology Management Consulting and Strategic Staffing Company that prides itself at providing targeted solutions. As a Minority-Owned Small Disadvantaged Business with over two decades of industry expertise, we thrive on challenges and utilize them as a springboard for growth and stretching our existing abilities to a higher level. As a Washington, DC based small business, we provide strategic and innovative technical solutions. Our national staffing reach allows us to support Federal, State & Local governments and Commercial customers nationwide.
Lead Software Engineer
The Lead Software Engineer will execute evaluation of existing applications for migration into a new shared services / big data environment. Critical to this will be steering the technical solution selection at the application stack level (i.e., COTS, Low Code Development, or Customer Development). You will actively lead and participate in agile development practices to develop low code solutions and work closely with engineers to maintain and enhance infrastructure management and CI/CD processes to optimize for quality, reliability, and availability. This role will ensure that security, performance, and disaster preparedness are always represented in team decisions. You will gain and expand on your experience managing cloud native microservices utilizing Docker clustering technologies (ECS, Kubernetes).
- Manage development environments.
- Monitor running instances to ensure costs are managed and optimized against performance.
- Work with Project Managers, Architects, Business Analysts, and customers to evaluate needs analysis for development based on requirements and develop alternative solutions (COTS, Low Code Development, or Customer Development).
- Develop solutions using low code development tools.
- Match infrastructure implementation / monitoring / management with software architecture.
- Influence software architecture to simplify / streamline operational management.
- Working close with the developers.
- Configuration changes / documentation / automation of changes.
- Code coverage metrics.
- Monitor build / deployment status.
- Experience with Mendix preferred (Appian as alternative)
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Low-level knowledge of systems (Linux, GNU tooling), networking (OSI model, DNS, routing) and virtualization vs containerization
- Programming experience with Bash/Python, templating languages (Jinja/gotemplate) and Git
- High level abstractions for system configuration and management
- Public clouds; AWS/Azure/GCP
- Containerization; Kubernetes, Docker
- Configuration tools and frameworks (Terraform/Ansible/Helm/)
- Other things we value include security awareness, release engineering, CI/CD principles and ideas, and monitoring and alerting
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with Atlassian Jira and Confluence including tool customization
- 5+ years of experience supporting production systems
- 10+ years of IT work experience
- Ability to pass and maintain a government background check
- Mendix and/or Appian
- Candidate must reside in one of the below work site locations (remote)
- Atlanta, GA/ Cincinnati, OH/ Pittsburgh, PA/ Morgantown, WV/ Sterling, VA / Washington, DC
- US Citizen Only